Realmoney.games is a comprehensive players’ guide explaining legitimate, legal ways to win, make, or earn money playing games.
Discover and explore an expansive selection of 21 game types spanning six cash gaming categories, offering a player chances to potentially to claim genuine real money winnings.
Table Of Contents | Topics
- Can you play games for real money?
- What games can you play for cash prizes?
- About the Author
- Six real money game categories
- Full list of 21 real money game variants
- What are the best games to play for real money?
- 15 best mobile game apps that pay real cash prizes
- Reputable real money gambling sites
- What are the first steps to making money playing games?
- How much money can you win?
- Are gambling games for real money legal?
- How do you trust and verify the games are fair?
- What other factors of real money gaming are most important for players?
- What are some of the unique aspects of real money gaming?
- The risks in real money gaming
- What are the alternative ways of playing games to earn cash?
- Forums and discussion boards
- Latest site gaming guides
- Key terms glossary
- Most recent RealMoney.games blog posts
Can you play games to make, earn, or win real money online?
Yes, there are multiple ways to win, make, or earn cash playing games. In fact, players will find at least 21 legitimate types of games that pay real money in the form of cash prizes and rewards, categorized broadly into six primary categories.
Learning how to invest time in these money-based games using apps and online gambling platforms across the internet opens diverse avenues for becoming a cash winner.
By reading reviews, completing effective research, and subsequently making the right game choices, you can be earning money with access to genuine prospects for a profitable return on investments.
The chances of a real cash prize win vary from game to game, and players looking to become a cash winner can typically play in virtually any currency. Win or lose, the entertainment value is substantial provided a player is mindful of the risks associated with gambling.
Players have the flexibility to choose their gaming medium – be it through mobile apps, phones, laptops, or desktop computers.
Withdrawing cash winnings is typically straightforward with an array of accessible payment methods, including PayPal, facilitating the smooth collection of any money earned, made, or won. Equally, depositing money into a gaming account is easy, too.
While hitting jackpots and securing sizeable payouts with a bet or series of bets is a possibility, a more common outcome is a gradual accumulation of winnings rather than building stacks of coins rapidly.
In games where you can influence outcomes with some form of skill or ability, employing known playing strategies and tactics to secure wins can enhance chances of success and lead to a profitable risk and reward balance. Achieving the right balance can positively alter the cumulative effect of wins and losses over a longer period.
The array of games offering online cash prize opportunities includes PayPal games, Android games, slot machines, and a variety of casino games. These, however, are just a segment of the wider spectrum of gaming options to enjoy on authentic money gaming sites.
Playing can also be classified as a leisure activity and a contributor to a players’ online entertainment, whether there is money at risk or not. Indeed, it’s sensible to approach real money gaming on an entertainment/expense basis and pay attention to responsible gambling practices. You ideally want the best level of entertainment and the lowest level of risk balanced against the cost.
For anyone seeking options for how and where to make and claim extra cash, it’s clear there are plenty of ways to use gaming to supplement income. Throughout RealMoney.games we’ll learn how and where to legally and safely play for real cash and other rewards on legitimate websites or mobile apps.
What games can you play for cash prizes?
At high level, the assortment of games you can play for tangible cash prizes encompasses both free-to-play options and those specifically designed for betting or wagering to win money.
About the Author
This home page of www.realmoney.games was created and written by Steve – RealMoneyGames (AKA chaumi)
Steve, a seasoned gambler with over 45 years of experience, is a knowledgeable authority on multiple forms of real money gaming and online betting. He has been the principal content creator for RealMoney.games since its inception in 2017.
A keen horse racing enthusiast, Steve has extensive insight into various betting platforms, and enjoys casino games, slots, and poker for leisure. He is recognized by the username ‘chaumi’ in popular online gambling and webmaster forums like Gambling Portal Webmasters Association (GPWA), Affiliate Guard Dog (AGD), and TalkingHorses.co.uk, often receiving thanks for posting helpful comments in forum threads.
This page was last reviewed and updated 2nd December 2023.
What are the 6 real money gaming categories?
We can place the different forms of real money gaming into six high-level categories:
|Gambling Games of Chance||Games based purely on luck, with wagering on outcomes.||Online casino, instant win, lotteries, bingo, virtual sports, online TV game shows|
|Skill Games||Outcomes depend on player skills and strategy.||Tournaments, video games, poker and card games, fantasy sports, trivia, trading, puzzle|
|Mixed Skill and Luck||Combination of strategies and luck influences winning potential.||Poker variants and card games, board games, arcade games|
|Online Tournaments||Competitive events where skills are key, though luck plays a part in slots.||Video games, online poker, slots|
|Play to Earn||Earn rewards for in-game activities, often in virtual currencies.||Crypto-based games, virtual worlds|
|Free-to-Play Cash Rewards Mobile Apps||Games offering rewards for task completion, no cost involved.||Refer to the best mobile app games list|
|Table showing 6 high-level real money game categories, their definitions, and examples.|
Gambling games of chance
You’ll play betting or gambling games of chance on the websites or apps of online betting companies. With these operators, you make a deposit to play and use money in an account as stake money for placing bets or wagers.
Wagering money to make a profit is the fundamental concept of gambling and, if you want to make money from betting, you will need to be prepared to take a gamble. It’s predominantly chance or luck that determines whether you win, although there are strategies in some games that can improve your winning chances.
While entertaining, gambling games offer a risk-involved form of gaming. There’s significant chance of losing your investment of money when betting with monetary stakes on an uncertain outcome which you cannot influence.
The most obvious example of gambling games are those found on a casino site, collectively called online casino games. Many players say their online casino gaming experiences far outweigh other gambling options, with the sheer variety of casino games often cited as a major draw.
This diverse range of casino games includes table games against a dealer, such as blackjack, roulette, craps, or other options like keno and video poker. Many players gravitate to video slots, where the best real-money slots attract attention from millions trying slots spins to win those elusive progressive jackpots.
Online casinos are also a perfect place to play online TV game shows for money, with these game formats now becoming commonplace in many casino game libraries.
To play, you’d need to choose an option from a list of reliable online casinos and open a gambling account. Seek a casino that offers valuable welcome bonuses and has achievable wagering requirements.
Other gambling games are available, including bingo, lotteries, instant win, and some forms of sports betting on games:
- Instant Win – Related to lotteries and with similar long odds against landing one of the big cash prizes, there are good opportunities to win real money instantly playing instant win scratchcards.
- Lotteries – Well known for the chances of winning life-changing sums, online lotteries are one of the least entertaining ways of gambling. Playing is straightforward, with a welcome bonus a real possibility with some online lottery operators.
- Bingo – Today’s electronic online bingo games offer fast, straightforward, and cheap gaming. Prizes vary from low to big amounts.
- Virtual sports betting – Major sports betting companies provide betting options on various virtual sports, including popular titles like NBA 2K and FIFA on console-based contest platforms, as well as dedicated sites for virtual horse racing and golf.
But winning isn’t just down to a fortunate outcome in all gambling games. Other gambling-type games still have an associated risk of losing real money, and play might still involve a stake or bet, but the outcome will partially or wholly be determined by a player’s skill level and gaming strategy.
Real money skill games
Leverage your skills in online cash games to gain an advantage over less skilled opponents. Winning in these skill-based games improves with practice, making them ideal for earning online.
- Video gaming fans experienced in playing on gaming consoles can get involved in team-based Esports contests designed for the more professional gamers, or one-on-one competitive video game tournaments catering to players at a more everyday, amateur level.
- Fantasy sports games entail the selection and management of teams of players. Many sports fans enjoy playing in daily, weekly, or season-long fantasy sports competitions, using in-depth knowledge of team members abilities to draft a successful squad.
- Online trivia quizzes offer a competitive platform for testing general and specific knowledge, allowing players to compete for real money rather than just a ‘vanity’ title of champion.
- Trading games for money comes in two different forms – financial share trading or stockmarket-style sports trading or the trading of items or services in the games themselves.
- Puzzle game contests, such as word search, demand quick thinking and reflexes. For a mobile-friendly option, explore 2048Money.com, a puzzle-based game.
Mixed skill and luck games
Several games require a good level of skill from players, but outcomes are also dependent on luck.
Winning in these examples requires ability and good fortune in varying measures, with some relying partially and others primarily on skill.
- Skilled card players can excel in real-money games like poker, rummy, or solitaire by using effective strategies, with poker being a prime example where tactical play significantly boosts winning chances.
- Real money online poker involves deep-thinking strategy, a cool head, and the ability to out-think your opponents. Texas Holdem, video poker, and other variants are popular poker game variants. Poker beginners will have a lot to learn.
- Board games for money will perhaps appeal to the broadest range of gaming fans. This game type includes some favourite titles such as checkers, backgammon, and chess.
Online tournaments with real cash prizes
In online gaming tournaments, you compete against one or multiple players, requiring skill that varies by game. Engaging in these tournaments enhances your chances of winning.
The three key types of competitive tournaments include:
Play to earn
Play-to-Earn (P2E) games offer players the chance to earn real cash, cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, or NFTs through in-game activities or tasks. Axie Infinity is a notable example with its AXS tokens.
There are several examples of real cash virtual world games, offering lucrative opportunities for skilled role-playing gamers to earn from their in-game efforts.
Free mobile game apps offering cash rewards
Playing free online games through mobile apps on your smartphone or tablet can lead to winning real cash prizes and rewards. It’s a proven method to accumulate free winnings through a combination of gameplay and other game-based activities like watching ads or competing surveys.
Earnings are small, but there’s no risk of losing any cash. These casual, no-cost games often use virtual currencies and don’t require deposits or purchases to participate.
- To play on mobile apps, you’ll be heading to the Apple App store for apps for Apple iOS smartphones or downloading Android APK cash apps from the Google Play Store or the Samsung Galaxy store.
- Players can earn cash rewards, cashback, or gift cards through activities like completing surveys and watching ads or videos, with apps like Spin Royale slots excelling in this approach.
Freemium gaming allows you to play for free and earn modest cash, but unlocking special features and making significant profits often requires in-app purchases.
Which games fall into multiple categories?
Some games fit into multiple categories, with about six clear examples, though others may fall into ambiguous areas:
- Online casino games are well known as gambling games of chance, but you can also play at online casino sites for free.
- Online slot games are often played on single-player video slot machines, but there are also slots tournaments where you can compete against other players.
- Card games with real money at stake, such as poker, spades, solitaire, rummy, gin rummy, bridge, and tonk, offer a popular pastime. In casino card game variants, Three-card poker is notably one of the simplest forms.
- Real money arcade games require combined luck, skill, hand-eye coordination, and experience to win. Popular choices like playing Bejeweled for money or Tetris Burst offer high entertainment value.
- Two primary cash-winning game show formats exist: online TV game shows and live dealer game shows, often inspired by board games, typically found in live dealer online casinos.
You’ll encounter other examples when considering the technology-related options:
- You can play almost all game types on mobile phones just as easily as on desktop devices. The global preference for smartphones in gaming has fostered an industry dedicated to optimizing mobile app-based games for easy play.
- Virtual reality games run on powerful software that puts you in the heart of the action. In particular, virtual reality casino games and even real money VR sports betting games look set to deliver high levels of entertainment.
What are the 21 types of real money games?
The six real money gaming categories comprise of 21 individual game types, forming a collective list containing multiple gaming options. Each option contains several variants.
Find the right one that best suits your requirements, interests, and skills and you’ll be on your first steps to a real money payout:
|GAME TYPE||BEST USE CASES||SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED||RISK LEVEL|
|Video Games||Ideal for experienced gamers with excellent manual skills.||Intermediate to Expert||Low to Medium|
|Online Casino||Best for players who enjoy games of chance.||Beginner to all levels||High|
|Online Poker||Suited for analytical thinkers with strong card-game strategies.||Intermediate to Expert||Medium to High|
|Instant Win||For players wanting quick results and immediate wins.||Beginner||Low to Medium|
|Lotteries||Appeals to those seeking large, life-altering cash prizes.||Beginner||High|
|Sweepstakes||Great for participants interested in free-to-play options.||Beginner||Low|
|Online Bingo||Perfect for social gamers who enjoy fun, community play with cash rewards.||Beginner||Low to Medium|
|Fantasy Sports||For sports enthusiasts who love managing and strategizing team plays.||Intermediate||Medium|
|Mobile Rewards Apps||Suitable for gamers seeking convenient, on-the-go play with rewards.||Beginner||Low|
|Virtual World||Ideal for gamers skilled in immersive role-playing and exploration.||Intermediate||Low to Medium|
|Board Games||For board game fans seeking cash rewards.||Beginner to Intermediate||Low to Medium|
|Virtual Reality||Appeals to players looking for cutting-edge, immersive gaming.||Intermediate||Low to Medium|
|Trivia||Best for players with extensive general or niche knowledge.||Intermediate to expert||Low|
|Esports||Tailored for highly skilled, competitive video gamers.||Expert||Medium to High|
|Card Games||Suitable for a diverse range of players.||Beginner to Expert||Low to High|
|Trading Games||For those interested in applying financial or trading knowledge in gameplay.||Intermediate to Expert||Medium to High|
|Virtual Sports||A fit for sports fans desiring continuous, simulated betting experiences.||Beginner to Intermediate||Medium|
|Puzzle Games||Ideal for quick thinkers with good reflex skills.||Beginner to Intermediate||Low|
|Play To Earn||For video gamers aiming to monetize in-game achievements.||Intermediate to Expert||Medium|
|Arcade||For fans of classic arcade games seeking fun and potential cash wins.||Beginner to Intermediate||Low to Medium|
|Game Shows||Perfect for fans of TV game shows looking for similar online experiences.||Beginner to Intermediate||Low to Medium|
What are the best games to play for real money?
Identifying the best game to play for real money depends on your preferences, such as ease of access, entertainment value, skills needed to win, or winning odds. Also, consider if you’re willing to risk money or prefer free-play apps. The optimal game varies from options within the six main categories and the 21 game types:
- Casino games, scratchcards, and lotteries are ideal for quick returns and rely on luck.
- Skill-based video games or cash tournaments cater to avid gamers.
- Free-to-play games with cash prizes suit those avoiding financial risk.
Your choice also hinges on location legality, budget, risk tolerance, desire for advanced graphics, and preference for innovative or classic games.
RealMoney.games recommended games
Taking all criteria into account, it’s cash prize skill-based games that often provide the best balance of enjoyment, winning chances, and low risk.
Note that several options require a stake to play and carry the risk of losing. That possibility of losing a stake is not an issue with free game apps, many of which can meet many of the criteria for enjoyable gaming.
What are the best free game apps that pay real money?
The following list contains some of the best game apps we’ve found based on online player reviews, trustworthiness, entertainment value, availability across operating systems, and game genre. These apps regularly attract high ratings and plenty of stars in player experience reviews, with many receiving accolades for their user interface and gaming experience. They’re widely used by gamers worldwide since they’re an effective way of earning money or making extra cash at little or no cost:
- Blackout Bingo
- Axie Infinity
- Long Game
- Wealth Words
- Klondike Solitaire
- 8-Ball Pool
- 21 Blitz
- Lucky Day
- Spin Royale
- WSOP Real Money Poker
I wouldn’t say these apps are necessarily the best real money games overall since there are many other ways to earn some side income playing games. But for mobile phone players, these fun-based apps are hugely popular.
The best way to approach this type of gaming is as a bit of fun with some potential for winning extra cash. They are normally safe to play, with each of the major app stores having safeguards in place to protect users from scams or rogue game operators.
Google Play is one app store with a pretty robust published policy around real-money gambling apps, ads related to real-money gambling, loyalty programs with gamified outcomes, and daily fantasy sports apps. However, the sheer number of apps purporting to offer rewards for playing means policing is difficult. Some untrustworthy apps do operate, hence it’s best to stick with long-running, tried and trusted providers.
Blackout Bingo provides quick online bingo games, with each round taking just two minutes and offering real cash prizes. Players earn extra points for speed and achieving double bingo. Points can be redeemed for PayPal cash or merchandise.
As an alternative, Bingo Cash, a direct competitor, offers a similar experience but is reputedly easier for accumulating winnings for free, although Blackout Bingo is preferred for multi-player tournaments.
Swagbucks allows gamers to earn cash by playing a variety of games such as bingo, card, dice, slots, puzzles, and adventure quests, alongside watching ads and completing surveys. As players level up, they unlock larger prize payouts, redeemable as cash or gift cards with a minimum cashout of only one dollar.
To start earning, visit the Swagbucks website.
Axie Infinity, riding the wave of cryptocurrency growth, offers players a unique way to supplement their income through a skill-based game that requires an initial investment. Operating on the Ethereum blockchain, players use ETH coins to play, earning rewards also in ETH, which can be exchanged for fiat currency.
This Play-to-Earn game combines traditional gameplay with financial elements, rewarding strong in-game performance with financial returns.
Long Game merges saving with gaming, offering a free app that rewards users with game-playing opportunities to win cash prizes, directly linked to their bank account savings. Key features like Custom Saving Jars enhance the experience. Read more about the Long Game rewards at Google Play.
Go here to play free Long Game.
Gamehag is a gaming rewards platform where players earn prizes and gift cards by playing popular video games on desktop PCs, Android, or iOS smartphones. The key feature is Soul Gems, the virtual currency earned through gameplay, redeemable for various rewards. Gamehag explains the concept of Soul Gems in depth on their shop webpage.
Wealth Words, a globally recognized gaming app, garners numerous positive reviews on platforms like Trustpilot. By signing up via the app or website, users can earn real money playing a variety of games, including crosswords, puzzles, and literary games, with a selection of over 500 titles.
Givling stands out for targeting students, offering a chance to pay off student loans. In the app, users engage in free or paid trivia contests, competing against up to 300,000 players. Players answer true/false questions to win weekly cash prizes, with the top three sharing the jackpot. Users can play for free twice daily, each game lasting a few minutes.
Although jackpot chances are low, active users (participating in the free game at least ten times every 30 days) enter random draws for up to $10k, used for loan repayment. Detailed information about Givling’s platform and prize structure is available on their FAQ page.
Solitaire, known for its mental stimulation, is typically played for free, but real money versions are available. This card game, offering several variants, can be played on Android or iOS devices. It stands out among casino card games for its diverse forms, especially the popular Klondike versions.
For those interested in solitaire with cash prizes, explore the options to play for real money at Skillz.com.
8-Ball Pool, an app for playing pool from home, offers 1-on-1 challenges and multiplayer tournaments against friends or other players. Winning games earns you Pool Coins and allows you to level up.
The app features customization options for cues and tables and is free on iPhone, iPad, iTouch, and Android devices.
- Join the 8-Ball Pool tables on Android
- Play the 8-balls on the Apple App
- Play the original 8-Ball Pool at Miniclip
21 Blitz blends Blackjack and Solitaire into a quick card game where players compete to win cash. Initially playable for free, you can hone your skills before funding an account for real stakes. The game’s objective is to create 21s or stacks of 5 cards for points, with bonuses for high performance in rounds.
Learn how the game works by downloading the 21 Blitz app from the Apple Store, or Android users can visit the Play Store.
The app is also available on the Skillz mobile gaming platform.
Lucky Day, a leading sweepstakes app, allows players to participate in free games like daily scratch-offs and raffles, accumulating virtual coins or tokens for cashout via PayPal or gift cards. With over 10 million installs, many winners and positive reviews confirm its legitimacy.
Although ad-heavy, this use of ads is how the app generates revenue. Besides gaming, users can earn tokens by completing surveys, accepting offers, watching videos, and referring new members.
Spin Royale : Play the slots app to win real money
Spin Royale, a leading sweepstakes rewards app available on Android and iOS, allows players to win cash through free daily slot spins. Downloadable at no cost from the Google Play or Apple store, players can win cash or tokens by matching symbols.
Developed by UK-based Viker Ltd, the app supports payouts via PayPal, Visa, gift cards, and in-game currencies, and generates revenue through video ads. While not a significant money-maker and with some potentially misleading ads, Spin Royale offers an effortless way to earn a small amount.
Gamee is another highly-rated app offering ways to play games based on luck, compete in tournaments, or even just log in consistently over a period of days to collect tickets and win one of Gamee’s real money prizes. The Gamee site states there is up to $10,000 available in instant prizes to win every week and all you have to do is spin the Fortune Wheel, play the Lucky Games, or take part in the Daily Gamee Lotto.
WSOP Real Money Poker
Online poker players are spoilt for choice in their gaming and there are many poker sites like Pokerstars or 888Poker that offer cash games and tournaments. One of the most prestigious, though, is the WSOP poker site where players can also download apps and play. WSOP stands for World Series of Poker and regularly promotes major global tournaments.
InboxDollars is a rewards app where users earn cash by completing surveys, watching videos, playing games, and shopping online. Earnings are accumulated from various advertisers and can be cashed out via check, PayPal, or gift cards. This app offers a convenient way to earn extra money through simple online tasks.
Note this list of trustworthy, legit apps is not fully exhaustive. If any of these don’t take your interest, you could also try the following alternatives. Market trends and analysis suggests they each offer good money-winning or money-earning opportunities:
- Pulsz: Fun slots and casino – a high-quality social casino experience with over 300 social casino games, including slots, poker and roulette.
- Mistplay – discover new games and get rewarded while playing.
- Lucktastic – a fun and free way to win real cash and prizes and earn rewards.
- Dominoes Gold – play the classic board game dominos for real-world prizes.
- Bananatic – play and test free online games. Write game reviews. Complete in-game quests to win virtual currency.
- Match to win – 100% free money-making app where you can play for cash and win real rewards.
- Royal Slots – play the thrilling Royal casino slot machines with a 20M slots welcome bonus for free.
- Solitaire Cash – a free app that lets you compete with other players at the same skill level for the opportunity to earn cash prizes.
- Solitaire Cube – compete in large cash tournaments and head-to-head competitions with valuable prizes.
- Big Time Cash – popular app where you can make real money playing video games.
All of these apps offer legitimate ways to play and win or earn cash. They’re not true gambling-type options, though, that will offer the prospects of larger wins. For that, you’ll need to be playing at reputable online gambling sites.
What are the most reputable online gambling sites with real money games?
Legal restrictions significantly impact online gambling, making it challenging to compile a universally applicable list of top sites, as availability varies by region. However, a list of reputable operators, thoroughly reviewed on RealMoney.games, is available to guide players:
- Learn how a leading cryptocurrency casino operates in this BC.game review where we look at the games library and bonus deals available to players.
- Further to the review of the highly-rated BC.games crypto casino, here’s a review of its main competitor Bitstarz Casino.
- Bet365 is one of the leading all-in-one betting sites that offers sportsbetting, casino games, poker, bingo, and esports betting. Find out more in this detailed review of Bet365 online gambling services.
- There are several operators focused on purely providing online lottery games. Jackpot.com is one of the leaders, as you’ll see in this Jackpot.com lotteries review. For players keen to test their poker skills to win money, Americas Cardroom is a poker room worth consideration. Learn how ACR works and performs in this Americas Cardroom review.
- Chumba Casino is the original social sweepstakes casino games operator. You won’t be playing the games with real cash stakes, but the sweepstakes model does give chances to get real cash payouts. Out Chumba Casino review explores how the sweepstakes gaming model works.
- Bingo games are among the most straightforward types of cash prize games. Mecca Bingo, offering both online and land-based options for playing, is a name that’s well-know in the industry and this analysis specifically explores Mecca Bingo’s online services.
What criteria apply when choosing a high-performing real money gambling site?
Choosing a reliable real money gaming platform involves several key considerations to ensure safety, legality, and a positive gaming experience. Here are some detailed criteria to look for:
- Licensing and regulation: Check if the platform is licensed by a reputable gaming authority, like the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, or Gibraltar Regulatory Authority. These bodies ensure the platform adheres to legal and ethical standards.
- Security measures: Ensure the platform uses advanced security measures like SSL encryption to protect personal and financial data.
- Game fairness: Look for platforms that use Random Number Generators (RNG) to ensure game fairness. Certifications from independent auditors like eCOGRA or iTech Labs are good indicators.
- Reputation and reviews: Research the platform’s reputation. Read reviews and check forums to gauge user experiences and the platform’s track record in handling issues.
- Payment options: A reliable platform should offer secure and varied payment methods, including credit/debit cards, e-wallets, and possibly cryptocurrencies. Check for any hidden fees or withdrawal limits.
- Customer support: Good customer support is crucial. Ensure the platform offers responsive support via multiple channels like email, phone, and live chat.
- Game selection: Consider the variety and quality of games offered. A reputable platform should provide a wide range of games from renowned software providers.
- Bonuses and promotions: While attractive bonuses are appealing, read the terms and conditions carefully. Unrealistic wagering requirements can be a red flag.
- Responsible gaming: Check if the platform promotes responsible gaming, including options for setting deposit limits, self-exclusion, and links to support organizations.
- Mobile compatibility: If you prefer gaming on the go, ensure the platform offers a mobile-friendly experience or a dedicated app.
- New games: Playing the same games all the time can lead to a stale experience, so it’s worth watching for an operator that will introduce new game launches regularly.
It’s not surprising that there are numerous criteria involved with choosing a site for your gaming, especially with the associated risk to your bankroll. However, a highly important aspect is legality and ensuring you can legally play.
What are the first steps to making money playing games?
The first steps any player will need to follow to make money from gaming are:
- Understand all the gaming options and ways to make money or win prizes.
- Appreciate the risks.
- Learn which types of games offer the best chances of making a cash return.
- Ensure it’s legal for you to play.
- Decide if you want to take the chance that luck will help you win, whether to try and use a skill or to use rewards apps.
- Study and learn the most effective ways to play.
- Decide if you want to play on a mobile gaming app or a website.
- Determine which operators provide the best opportunities in your chosen game and whether any offer a sign-up deposit bonus or other valuable promotions.
- Check a trusted review or collection of online reviews to confirm that provider is trustworthy and legit.
- Ensure there are valid methods for making deposits and completing successful withdrawals.
- Download the app, visit the operator’s website, and register an account.
- Deposit if a playing balance is required using a payment method such as Apple Pay.
Essentially, you need to identify which type of game will be perfect for you and give you the best chances to win and make extra money. And then be sure you can legally and safely play that game.
How much money can you win?
Wins from real money gambling vary from minute amounts to life-changing sums. Several influences contribute to the amounts concerned, and potential payouts are influenced by these key factors:
- The type and category of game – For instance, jackpot slots might offer large payouts, while the winnings from skill-based games like poker can depend more on the player’s ability.
- Stakes and wager size – Higher stakes generally mean higher potential winnings. The amount you bet in a game directly influences the potential return. However, this also means higher risk of loss.
- Operator win limits: imposed by the operator.
- House Edge: In casino games, the house edge is the statistical advantage that the casino has over players. Games with a lower house edge, like blackjack, typically offer better odds for players than those with a higher house edge.
- Skill Level: For skill-based games, a player’s skill level significantly influences winning potential. Skilled players can often perform better and win more consistently.
- Random Chance: In games of chance, such as slot machines, the outcomes are random. This means that winnings are largely a matter of luck, regardless of how much or little you bet.
- Payout Rates (RTP): The Return to Player (RTP) rate is a percentage that indicates the average amount of money a game will pay back to players over time. A higher RTP means a better chance of winning over the long term.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Many online gaming platforms offer bonuses and promotions that can increase your winning potential. This includes welcome bonuses, free spins, and loyalty rewards.
- Progressive Jackpots: In games with progressive jackpots, a portion of every bet contributes to a growing jackpot, which can result in large payouts.
- Tournament Winnings: In tournament-style games, such as poker or esports, prize pools are often shared among the top performers, and the winnings can be substantial, depending on the size of the tournament.
- Player Competition: In multiplayer and tournament games, the level of competition can influence winnings. Higher competition might mean tougher games, but often also higher rewards.
Legality also has an impact because, in many cases but not necessarily all, you can’t win anything if playing the game isn’t legal in the first place.
Are gambling games for real money legal?
The question of real money gaming legality is complex and is subject to both legal restrictions and geographical limitations, as well as age requirements. So, the answer to whether it’s legal varies between game types and across different countries and jurisdictions, as well as the age of any participant. In some regions, cultural attitudes towards gambling play a significant role.
Your best bet to confirm if playing is legal for you and/or if you’re located in one of the global legal online gambling jurisdictions is to check the local regulations plus the terms and conditions of any gaming website you want to play at.
Individual websites document those terms and conditions and make them easy to find. They’ll specify details on who they will accept as players with the intent of ensuring all services are supplied within the constraints of any jurisdictional nuances.
Remember that regulatory changes can occur, so keeping a close eye on local developments and any updates from regulators will be important.
In those countries where gambling is definitely legal, the websites and operators that provide services will usually need to hold authorized gaming licenses and fully follow local regulations. Regulatory compliance in gambling is designed to force operators to work within the law, as well as provide protection to customers. In combination, these are heavy contributors to the overall benefits of regulated gambling.
Generally, rules and regulations are much more relaxed when there is an obvious element of skill involved, but pure gambling games of chance are fully legal in some countries. The following section gives a high-level breakdown of legality status across various global regions:
- United States: The legality of real money gaming in the U.S. varies by state. Online gambling is legal and regulated in states like New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Nevada, but it’s either illegal or operates in a legal grey area in many other states. The 2006 Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) restricts banks from transacting with illegal gambling sites, but it doesn’t define what constitutes legal online gambling.
- Europe: Many European countries have well-established legal frameworks for online gambling. The United Kingdom, for instance, has a comprehensive set of laws and a regulatory body (the UK Gambling Commission) which steadfastly regulates and oversees all legal online gambling activity. Similarly, countries like Spain, Italy, and France have their own regulatory bodies and legal frameworks.
- Canada: In Canada, online gambling falls under provincial jurisdiction. Some provinces have their own online casinos, and private operators can obtain licenses to provide casino gaming in these regions. It’s illegal to operate an online casino without a license in Canada.
- Australia: Online gambling laws are complex in Australia. The Interactive Gambling Act 2001 makes it illegal to provide certain gambling services to Australians, including online casinos. Non-compliance has resulted in fines and shutdowns in recent times, even for websites providing informational services as opposed to actually running services. However, sports betting and lottery are legal.
- Asia: The legality of online gambling in Asia varies widely. In countries like India, the laws are ambiguous and vary by state. In contrast, China has strict anti-gambling laws, whereas places like Macau have a thriving gambling industry.
- Middle East: Most Middle Eastern countries strictly prohibit gambling of all forms, including online gambling, due to religious and cultural reasons.
- Africa: The African continent is made up of a wide number of individual countries. Some like Nigeria and Gambia have expressly legal gaming, but for the vast majority, the regulatory status is unclear with no clear laws.
- South America: It’s clear that online gambling is legal in Argentina but grey areas apply to most other South American countries.
In all regions, the legal landscape is subject to change. Although changes are often slow to take effect. For players wanting to stay on the right side of any local laws and regulations, staying informed about the latest legal developments is crucial.
Remember that legal rules applied by governments and regulatory bodies that govern real money gaming are in place to ensure fairness and prevent fraud. They’re important because they protect players and maintain the integrity of the gaming industry, contributing to a safer gaming environment for all, helping prevent illegal activities, and creating fair gaming opportunities.
How do you trust and verify the games are fair?
The mechanisms to ensure fairness and randomness are critical in maintaining trust. They fall under the general banner of game fairness assurance and include odds of winning and the integrity of the game mechanics.
Fairness in real money gaming is provided in two main ways – certifications provided by external monitoring bodies, and technology known as RNG Random Number Technology:
- Fair play certifications: Fair play certifications are provided by independent bodies that audit and certify online gaming platforms for fairness and ethical practices. These certifications ensure that the games offered by a platform are fair, unbiased, and operate correctly. Auditors like eCOGRA, iTech Labs, and TST (Technical Systems Testing) are some of the well-known organizations in this field. They test online gaming software and systems to ensure that they comply with international standards and are fair to players.
- Random Number Generator (RNG) Technology: RNG technology is crucial in ensuring the fairness of games in online casinos. It’s a computer program that generates random sequences of numbers, ensuring that game outcomes are completely unpredictable and not manipulated. This technology applies to games like slots, roulette, and card games, where randomness determines the outcome. RNGs are regularly tested and certified by independent auditors to ensure their integrity and fairness. The use of RNGs is a standard practice in the industry to mimic the randomness of traditional, physical casino games.
If you’re using cryptocurrencies to deposit for gambling purposes, there’s another technological advancement known as Provably Fair Gaming that serves to add a layer of player protection. Provably Fair technology uses an encryption-based algorithm that’s open to analysis and fairness testing. Players engaged with provably fair games can verify that the outcomes experienced are fair and unbiased.
Aside from technology-related trust indicators, there are additional factors supplementing that include operator reputation, regulatory compliance, and the provision of responsible gambling tools.
The vast majority of money-earning games are genuinely legit, unlikely to be scams, and any company providing them is more likely to be trustworthy than not. All that said, it’s always sensible to do your research before playing.
While demonstration of overall fairness is crucial, there are several other factors that players will find important to varying degrees.
What other factors involved in gaming for real money are most important for players?
To ensure you get the most out of any attempt at using gaming to make a cash wager, there are several aspects other than trust and fairness worth considering. It’ll pay to take many of these into account before choosing a game or gaming operator:
- Enjoyment level: The degree of fun or entertainment players expect to experience while playing.
- Win possibilities: There have to be real prospects for winning or a game will not hold players’ attention and interest.
- Risk appeal: The level of excitement or thrill players associate with the risk involved in wagering actual money.
- Trust in platform: The degree of trust or confidence players have in a game provider or platform, principally concerning security and fair play.
- Reward satisfaction: How satisfied players feel with the rewards, winnings, or earnings they can potentially realize from the game.
- Skill vs. luck perception: Players’ perception of whether success in the game is more influenced by skill or by luck.
- Social interaction: The perceived value of social elements in the game, such as competing with or playing against other players.
- User experience: Players’ subjective views on the ease of use, interface quality, and overall user experience of the gaming platform. Real user reviews and ratings are key sources of indicators on the trustworthiness and performance levels of both specific games and operators.
- Addiction potential: The perceived risk of any game being addictive or leading to compulsive playing habits.
- Value for money: Players’ perceptions of whether a game offers good value for the money they spend. This perspective of value for money can primarily be based on enjoyment levels or winning potential. Win potential can vary on a scale between minor and lucrative.
- Probability calculation: Provides a mathematical foundation for assessing the likelihood of winning or losing, enabling both game developers and players to understand and engage with online gambling games more effectively.
- Attention to strategic play: For those games where a specific game strategy can improve success probabilities and, equally, for situations where strategies might evolve with different game styles or over multiple sessions.
- Emotional impact: The range of emotions players expect to feel while playing, such as excitement, anticipation, satisfaction, and sometimes disappointment. The joy of winning and frustration of loss are two very real emotions many players will encounter.
- Personal skill confidence: The players’ palpable belief in their own skills or ability to succeed in a game.
- Cultural appeal: The extent to which a game resonates with players’ cultural interests or preferences.
- Ethical views: Personal opinions on the morality or ethics of engaging in real money games.
It’s easy to see each of these factors have varying levels of importance. In addition, there are numerous other aspects that contribute to the overall experience.
What are some of the unique and innovatory aspects of real money gaming?
Innovation is often key in the ongoing development of any industry. It’s generally these types of innovations that form some unique aspects that serve to enhance many players’ enjoyment levels.
Understanding these different types of attributes helps in tailoring the gaming experience to diverse player preferences, enhancing user engagement, and differentiating gaming platforms in competitive markets.
- Custom avatar creators: For platforms that allow players to create highly customizable in-game avatars.
- In-game voice chat features: Specific to platforms that provide real-time voice communication among players.
- Blockchain-based winnings tracking: Used in platforms that utilize blockchain technology for transparency in game winnings and transactions.
- AI-based behavioral analysis: Some platforms might employ artificial intelligence to analyze player behavior. This type of analysis can be used for enhancing game recommendations or identifying problematic gaming patterns often seen in association with gambling and betting events.
- Cryptocurrency support: The ability to use cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum for financial transactions, appealing to a tech-savvy audience.
- Augmented reality (AR) integration: Offering games that incorporate AR technology for a more immersive gaming experience.
- Cross-platform progression: Allowing players to maintain their game progress and earnings across different devices and platforms.
- Personalized gaming news feed: A feature that provides players with customized news about games, tournaments, and updates based on their interests and past activities.
- Dynamic odds calculation: For betting platforms, offering real-time odds calculation based on ongoing game developments and player bets.
- Eco-friendly gaming rewards: Platforms might offer rewards or incentives for engaging in eco-friendly activities or making sustainable choices in games.
- Skill-based matchmaking: A system that matches players in competitions based on their skill levels rather than just random matchmaking.
- Interactive game streaming: Allowing players to stream their gameplay interactively, where viewers can influence game decisions or bets.
- Multilingual support with live translation: Platforms offering real-time language translation for global player interaction.
- Social impact gaming: Games or platforms that contribute a portion of their earnings to social causes or allow players to donate winnings to charities.
- Health and wellness monitoring: Integrating features that monitor player’s gaming time or provide reminders for breaks, promoting responsible gaming habits.
What are the risks in playing games for real money?
Gambling involves risks. The risk of losing cash you can’t afford to lose, the risk of becoming addicted, and the risk of both having adverse effects on you, your friends, and your family members. Those risks are part of the price you may have to pay if you can’t control your gambling activities.
Risk of losing
Most ways of trying to win money playing games involve risking money you already have. You might sometimes win, but the odds of winning consistently are not great. The exception is in skill-based gaming , where you can turn the odds in your favor by using your ability to get an edge.
Fortunately, many operators providing gambling services do make attempts to offer ways to contribute towards gambling addiction prevention. But it’s still really the players responsibility to ensure appropriate levels of protection.
Read our tips for responsible gambling and apply what you read before you make any attempt to deposit money and play – it’ll help any players to understand what’s at stake when problem gambling is involved, the signs to watch out for and how to avoid issues, and where to get help if you do get into any problems.
Another risk to note is that of security and safety. Fortunately, most licensed gaming operators take these subjects very seriously, ensuring your money is secure, and your privacy is safeguarded.
For whichever game you choose and wherever you choose to play it, performing a thoughtful risk assessment is a sensible precaution. You want to be as sure as possible that you can keep losses to a manageable level and lessen any potential for addictive behaviours.
You can lessen the risks with responsible gambling practices. You could also consider some other forms of engagement that present possibilities of making money from gaming.
What are the alternative ways of playing games to earn cash?
Besides playing all of the games we’ve covered, there are other ways to make or earn extra money from gaming:
- You can bet on games to win real money. This form of betting is most applicable to a sports betting fan. You can visit an online sportsbook or bookmaker to wager or place a bet on sports events such as football matches, horse racing, or eSports.
- There are even ways to earn money by moving, known as move-to-earn games. The first is Genopets, which has gameplay similar to the popular Pokemon hunting game.
- You can get hired by a games developer as a tester. In a game-testing scenario, what happens is that a video game developer needs testers to try out the gameplay, identify bugs, and give general feedback on the experience. This activity is known as a Playtest, and income for a tester from opportunities like these can be worth pursuing if you have the right skills. For example, my son was paid £50 in cash for testing games developed by Sony.
- There will be plenty of openings in the future for skilled video game journalists to earn good money by making a name for themselves. The e-sports industry is booming and will see growth for many years.
Where can you watch real money gaming videos?
If you prefer visual resources, YouTube and Rumble offer extensive video content on cash gaming and real-money play. Thousands of videos cover various aspects, including game explanations by operators and game streamers showcasing their gameplay.
Videos include examples on game streaming, poker hands in cash games or tournaments, and casino favorites. Twitch is particularly popular for watching such gaming streams.
Which books have a real money games theme?
Books about real money gaming that make good reads are limited, although readers will find many written guides and tutorials on specific games like blackjack, roulette, slots, bingo, and many other gambling-type games. There are a few, however, about the overall subjects of gaming and money that are worth reading:
Real money gaming is a vast subject. To conclude, we’ve categorized six key ways of playing online games to win real money and 21 different types of cash prize games. That adds up to many opportunities to play real money games. and presents numerous ways to enjoy success with games that pay real cash.
Earning real money from gaming varies in difficulty and accessibility. Options range from skill-based to chance games, with some being free and others, like casino games, requiring a deposit and carrying the risk of loss.
Most games offering cash prizes are playable on mobile apps or desktop/laptop devices.
All these gaming options provide chances to win cash prizes, but success often relies on skill, specialization, or luck.
Remember to gamble responsibly, as the primary goal is entertainment with a potential bonus of winning. Be aware of the risks, including addiction and the likelihood of financial loss. Most players lose money, so manage your spending to avoid overpaying for this form of entertainment.
With careful play, whether you’re gambling or betting or playing for free, you might enjoy wins and fun moments.
Author: Steve Cross/realmoneygames
Real Money Games FAQ
While the target of realmoney.games is to cover all forms of cash gaming, it’s a broad subject, and it may not always be possible to cover every aspect, even in the most exhaustive studies. The realmoneygames blog carries some valuable info that might fill in some gaps.
If you have questions that have not been answered, feel free to email email@example.com. I’ll aim to help answer your query.
Alternatively, you can search a recommended directory like Curlie, where many websites will be listed that cover our subject. For now, let’s look at some high-level questions that come up the most frequently:
- What are real money games? | What is a real money game?
Real money games is a collective term referring to all games you can play for cash prizes or to earn cash, although it is often explicitly applied to the subjects of real money casino games or those games you can play on a smartphone by downloading a mobile app.
In reality, there are many other types of real money games, and within each of those game types, there are different forms or variations that you can play to win money.
- What games pay real money?
It’s worth noting an important but often blurred distinction between games you play for real money and games that pay real money. There’s a subtle difference between winning money by playing a game and getting paid to play. Although both effectively present ways to earn money through gaming and ultimately present the possibility of a cash withdrawal.
Most often you win by gambling or taking a chance with a bet, whereas you often get paid by performing some sort of task like watching videos, completing surveys, or competing in some types of contests.
So, games that pay can be different from some other gambling games like those in online casinos where you aim to win by placing bets or wagers on outcomes. Placing bets or wagers gives rise to the potential of losing money, but there are some ways to play for real prizes with stake money you’ve been given just as there are also ways to play entirely free.
What games give you real money?
The most notable way to play with money you’ve been given is with the use of no-deposit bonuses awarded as incentives to play in online casinos, poker rooms, or bingo sites.
You should note, though, that this money given can only be used to place wagers. You usually either can’t withdraw it or will find it extremely difficult to overcome any stipulated wagering requirements you must meet before attempting a withdrawal.
The task-based options we covered above also give you real money as a result of task completions.
What games can you play for free and win real money?
There are ways to find or get free play options in most games. In real money gambling, the way to play for free is normally by taking advantage of no-deposit bonuses. It’s possible to win with a no-deposit bonus in an online casino, though there will be bonus wagering requirements which will be challenging to overcome.
Several social gaming operators provide online poker and real money casino games that offer cash returns for playing without having to risk any of your own money. Social poker sites like NLOP Poker and those focused on casino games like Chumba Casino are worthy of note, but it’s always going to be the real money online casinos that give the best chances of winning.
Lastly, there are free-to-play games that you’ll usually play via an app. These options usually result in fairly low-value wins and can revolve around player activities such as completing surveys and watching ads or videos.
- How do you earn, win, make, or get money playing games?
You’ll notice these questions either refer to winning, getting, making, or earning money. In other words, you end up in a position where you have more cash than when you started.
The interesting point is they can all mean different things, but at the same time, they’re interrelated. You can win money playing all the other games you’ll find on our comprehensive list. As a by-product, you get extra money; you earned it by your efforts and made it because now you have more!
All that’s assuming you do win, of course, and there are risks that you won’t. Those risks are very high where games of chance are involved, like spinning slots in online casinos or where many forms of betting are involved, but not so high where you have an opportunity to use skill and strategy to play a game for a cash prize.
Making, getting, or earning money can be done differently online. Sure, you can do it by playing, but there are many other ways to make, get, or earn extra cash that doesn’t have betting or wagering requirements. These are outside our scope, but some examples include business-related activities like building websites, writing articles or building an online business.
This article at SaveTheStudent.org may be an excellent place to start; it carries some suggestions which might work for anyone.
- Who can play real money games?
For most types of cash gaming, any player has to be of legal age to play, it has to be permitted to play in your local jurisdiction, and you will need a valid payment method if a deposit is necessary. A payment method like Paytm Cash will often be suitable in some countries. At the same time, PayPal is great for many players globally, and you can usually use Visa debit cards.
Anyone can play games for money if they meet those requirements and have access to one or more valid payment methods. And those games can be any of the variants mentioned earlier on the page, including those you’ll play in an online casino. You might find, though, that playing at the same casinos continuously can become stale, so keeping an eye open for new casinos that might offer something a little different is always worth considering.
Of course, to win any form of prize, you need to understand the game’s rules before playing, and then you need to be a winner. Winning depends on either skill or chance or sometimes the two combined, depending on the type of game you’re playing. You’ll make money if you’re lucky or skilled enough to win.
You’ll be able to play for a cash win in your local currency from many countries, including the UK, the US, or India, through to South Africa, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Where can I play for real money? | Where can I play from?
You can play games for real money at online gambling sites, mobile apps, or live ‘in-person’.
From an online perspective, hundreds of websites and apps are dedicated to providing specific or multiple types of cash prize opportunities. Visit the individual pages dedicated to these for more detailed information; you can get to them via any of the links on this page or the main menu.
Regarding where you can play from, we may be talking about devices (which we cover in the question and answer below) or whether you’re allowed and able to play from the country where you live.
This takes us into legal gambling, and the answer is that it varies wildly depending on local regulations. The advice here is to always check local laws before registering. This is especially important if an online casino is involved since the most restrictive rules are always around games of chance.
- Which devices can I use to play games for cash prizes?
You can play for real money on a wide range of devices, including:
- PC or laptop
- Do you have to download games if you’re playing for cash prizes?
Some gaming solutions need to be downloaded and some don’t. It depends on the game operator whether you have to download a game or not. Most make their games available to play either in-browser or via an app, but there is a limited number which you’ll need to download.
There should be no fears about downloading any software as long as you work with a reputable operator.
- Do you need to make a deposit to play real money games?
- Not all cash gaming types require a deposit to play. It’s fair to say, though, that those games which give you the chance of winning the most money will involve gambling. And when you’re gambling, you usually use or risk the money you have deposited.
- How do you make a deposit to play games for money?
Most operators make player financial transactions as easy as possible, making it simple to deposit cash into a gaming account. They’ll offer the broadest of deposit options they can. These deposit methods will often range from straightforward options using credit card or debit card options to e-wallets like Skrill, Paypal, or Cryptocurrencies. It’s best to check the banking options with any specific operator to know what’s available.
Customer Service teams will swiftly resolve any problems you ever have with deposits.
- How do you get a payout?
Firstly, getting any form of payout from your gaming requires winning. Winning is a complex subject because all games have different requirements, gameplay, strategies, and – if you’re playing against real opponents – the quality of the opposition will vary.
Assuming you have a positive cash balance in your account, there will be clear instructions on withdrawing. These will vary from operator to operator, but essentially you will complete an online withdrawal form where you have specified the amount you wish to receive, where it should be sent, and in what form.
- What gambling is easiest to win? | What real money games are easiest to win?
This depends on whether you mean easiest to get a win or easiest to win over time.
For example, it’s easy to play roulette or other table games at a casino site, bet on red or black, and you have just under a 50/50 chance of winning on each spin of the wheel. The law of averages states that it won’t be long before you have a win. But you’ll likely lose over time because every online casino cleverly makes that happen.
The easiest to win over time is by playing tournaments or other forms of gaming requiring skill, simply because they require the use of skill and ability, and if you have it, you will have an advantage over other players.
The easiest to win if playing casino games is probably 3 card poker or video poker, but even then, the odds are still against you.
- What part do bonuses and extra bankroll money play in real money gaming?
You’ll often get help in the form of additional money as an incentive to sign up for an account. That may mean free money to play with as a bonus, although not all game types have this. Those that do –online poker, online casinos, slot games, bingo, and lotteries are all good examples– will present versions of these offers mainly for new first-time depositors but occasionally for regular players.
Casino bonuses, in particular, are very often highly valuable and will add to your dollar, GBP, or Euros bankroll.
Just note that if you win after accepting a bonus offer, there will be rules and criteria in the terms and conditions that prevent you from withdrawing those winnings to ensure the operator has had a chance to get them back. This is known as play-through and is a price you must pay where bonuses are concerned.
Accepting a bonus may not be as good for your wealth as it first seems, but if you’re playing more as a form of entertainment, getting a bonus offer is nearly always a no-brainer.
- When can you play games for cash prizes?
Most forms of online gambling can be played at any time, day or night, 365 days a year. Indeed, any casino would operate that way, as would online poker rooms.
Who can play real money games?
From a legal perspective, whether you can play real money games depends on where you live and your legal age.
For example, in the US, it depends on what state you live in (several US states have recently regulated both poker and online casino gaming). At the same time, the regulations can be more complicated for other countries like Australia, the Philippines, and India.
Similar to the US and UK, you can play online in many countries as long as it’s with gambling operators licensed by a local regulatory authority. New Zealand is a good example, where many new casinos such as SkyCity online are constantly opening. This casino has generated much interest and allows Kiwi players to play for real money.
To find the best online casinos, it’s best to search for a curated list that will appeal to players in your region but also contain some operators that will interest other worldwide players.
The bottom line is that as long as it’s legal where you live, you’re old enough, you have internet access and a device to play on, and you have a funded account, you’re able to get involved.
How do you win money playing games?
There are many aspects to consider to win money playing games.
- Review the game categories and identify a category of real money game that appeals to you.
- Explore the list of different game types and variants within that category.
- Find out where you can play. For example, by examining an online casino directory.
- Learn how to play the selected game.
- Practice to make sure you fully understand the rules and gameplay.
- Before you risk anything, consider the risks of losing and what that may mean to you. (hint: any cash-prize game based on skill is the most likely to get you a positive return).
- If it’s not a free game, decide on an amount you would be prepared to lose. Be careful with online casinos here.
- Deposit that amount. Keep an eye open for any bonus offers or promotions.
- Play and enjoy.
- Pay attention to the principles of responsible gambling.
Latest site articles and guides
- Are high roller bingo games a viable option for high-staking players?
- Top sites for betting on sports
- Gambling with Bitcoin
- Best crypto casinos for European players
- Promotions and offers in online casinos
- 4 ways to play card games for money
- Cities most likely to hold major international eSports tournaments
- How to bet Asian Handicaps
- Betting without losing
Check back each month for more new guides.
Key terms glossary
Real money, of course, refers to cash that, if you had it, could be spent, saved, or transferred. It would have a monetary value and is an instrument for making legal payments. You can play many games for and with real money, but there are also several games where you don’t use real money and instead use some form of virtual cash.
Sometimes that virtual cash will always be fake, and essentially you should treat it as fun money, but some gaming solutions will allow you to play with and earn virtual money that you can exchange for real cash or other valuable prizes.
Earn | Earning
Earning money from online gaming can be classified differently. You typically earn money with effort in the same way as you do in a job. But in the context of gaming, that could be earning money with efforts to win it or earning money using an app that gives you financial rewards for performing some task.
If you use an Android phone, you can access the same real money games as any other people who use an iOS or desktop-type device. For gaming operators that run responsive mobile apps, you’ll use an Android device exactly the same way as any other. The app will respond irrelevant to the operating system.
But for apps designed specifically for use with Android phones, you’ll normally be visiting the Google Play Store or downloading the app direct from an operator’s website.
The word ‘win’ is typically used as a verb or a noun in gaming. As a verb, it refers to the action or actions employed to gain more cash. In other words, you’re trying to win money by playing the game or games successfully. Many players also use the word as a noun to refer to their success, for example, ‘I had a nice win playing the Wheel Of Fortune slots game’.
Cash is clearly an interchangeable term for money. As a collective noun, it’s sometimes used more from a slang-orientated perspective. In some countries, players tend to use the term ‘cash’ more often than ‘money’.
You may also see it used by brands as part of a business solution, an example being the Paytm payment wallet solution. Paytm labels the currency held in their wallets as Paytm cash.
App | Apps
An app is a software application similar to a website but typically downloaded to a mobile device to make it easy to access and use the product or service.
Apps are widely prevalent in real money gaming, with different apps available for different operating systems like Android or Apple iOS. We’ve explored a range of the best mobile cash gaming apps further below on this page.
Similarly to when you’re gaining cash when you win or earn money, you’re also making it. In other words, you have more than you started with or that you won with your wager or bet.
The word ‘pay’ is used in multiple ways in cash prize gaming. The prime example is in an alternative collective term for real money games, which many players call ‘games that pay real money’. So, almost all games we cover on realmoney.games pay cash that’s real. That’s the case whether we’re winning, earning, or making it.
The cash profits from winning are paid to the player, and when that cash is transferred from an online account to a player’s personal bank or preferred payment processing solution such as Paypal, it’s known as a payout.
Paypal is the most popular global payment processing solution. As such, it’s an excellent choice for transferring funds to an online gaming or gambling account to play the games and then withdrawing any winnings. It’s one of the solutions that give a player the fastest potential withdrawal timescales, with Paypal often high on the list of effective instant win and payout methods.
Online casino games
As you make your way through the realmoney.games website, you’ll see we cover many different game variants. Out of all of them, there’s one variant that stands out as the most popular with players worldwide, and that’s the online casino games.
In online casinos, you’ll be playing to win money in any of the famous games you’d find on the Las Vegas strip – blackjack, roulette, video slots, video poker, baccarat, and many, many more.
Well-known for their high-octane entertainment value, slots are often a featured game on many gambling websites and apps. There are thousands of different-themed video slots, with a vast array of features that can elevate the gameplay alongside giving chances for high-value wins up to a jackpot level.
Some slots come with a progressive jackpot feature where a lucky winner could land a cash prize of several millions of dollars for a spin that lines up the top-prize symbols in the pay line window.
Most players want to win cash with gaming. But prizes are not just limited to cash, and there are several apps or sites where a win could land a player a valuable prize like a holiday or car.
A player is not always guaranteed the eligibility to play games for cash. And when they are, there are often security and safety considerations involved. Of course, there are age restrictions in place to protect minors. But anyone over the legal age has to contend with local regulations, too.
So, a legit operator is one that you can play with safely, securely, and legitimately. Once a player determines they can legally play, choosing a safe and secure operator often relies on analyzing their history and reviewing what other players have been saying about their experiences.
Pay to Play
In the context of gaming for real money, pay-to-play refers to the types of games that require payment from players to play them. Of course, in essence, you will pay to play most types of gambling games that involve any form of a deposit to make a bet. But typically, these forms of pay-to-play games will fall under the classification of MMORPGs, where participants require a playing account to compete.
What are sports betting brokers and why should you use one? - Brokerage services explained Betting brokers provide a valuable service for savvy sports bettors seeking to maximize returns in global wagering markets. These intermediaries leverage connections and...
16 slot machine tips and strategies for beginners seeking wins from slots spins Video slot machines are classic casino games that combine gambling entertainment with the prospect of winning cash. While ultimately a game of chance, certain tips and strategies can help...
Crypto Crash gambling explained Crash gambling represents an emerging genre of high-risk, high-reward online betting closely aligned with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Crash gambling games involve wagering on exponentially increasing multipliers that crash at...
11 Tips For Playing Casino Games More Profitably We've seen many times that playing casino games is not the best way of winning money with online gambling. There's always a house edge that ensures the casino will win in the long run. However, there's no denying...
What Is The Best Way To Win Money Playing Video Slots Online? There’s no doubt that playing slots is one of the most popular ways of winning money with online casino players. There’s equally no doubt that they’re not one of the best ways of trying to beat the...
5 Of The Most Popular Online Casino Payment Methods For UK Players Online casinos in the UK are a bustling hub of activity. Amidst the glamour and glitz, the underlying payment method is a vital cog ensuring seamless operation. Ever-evolving, these methods have...
Does Chumba Casino Really Pay Out? We saw while reviewing Chumba Casino that it clearly is a central operator in the field of sweepstakes casinos. And we know that one of the main attributes of sweepstake casinos is the capability of players to play any one of...
Why Winz.io Casino is highly-rated by crypto casino gamblers In the world of crypto casinos there...
7 Key Technologies Used in RPG Game Development Role-playing games (RPGs) typically take place in highly creative settings, based on the fantasy or science-fiction genres. These games are immersive adventures where the players want to get caught up in exciting virtual...
How Does Fantasy Football Work? Fantasy football has gained significant popularity over recent years, offering football fans the opportunity to build and manage their dream teams and, perhaps, win some cash prizes at the same time. If you're not sure how it works and...
What Is The Bet365 Fantasy Freeroll Game? Any fan of fantasy sports games will have plenty of opportunities to get involved in fantasy contests. But it's not quite so easy to find competitions where you can win cash but that are still free-to-enter. Fortunately, the...
What Are Online Blackjack Side Bets? There's no doubt that Blackjack is one of the most popular casino card games with players of all types. For those of us that enjoy smaller bets through to those of us that might be looking for high roller casino gambling. Blackjack...
Disclosure - How RealMoney.games makes money
Realmoney.games needs to earn money to keep the site running and pay for the necessary effort to populate it with valuable information. This income is obtained by showing various forms of paid advertising alongside the content published on the site.
Most of the advertising displayed appears in the form of Google ads. However, there may a limited number of affiliate links. If you click on affiliate links, we may receive compensation from those companies. In those cases there will be no extra cost to you. If these types of advertising are displayed, they will not be placed in prominent positions such as to realize better commissions for realmoney.games, but because of their value to you, the visitor.
Visit the Advertising & Sponsorship Policy for further details.