Hints, Tips, & Strategies
Anyone who understands the random nature of how slots work will know that any article that says it will show you how to win is misleading. There really isn’t much you can do except manage your bankroll carefully and enjoy iy.
However there are a few hints and tips you can follow to make your chances of a win as big as possible:
1. Understand the rules and paytables – this includes knowing how any potential jackpot payout can be triggered, and also what level of bet is required.
2. Bankroll Management – Recognise it’s not always solely about winning, but also limiting loses. Set a budget for a session and stick to it. If you have no cash, you can’t go for the money-winning spins. Read the fever guide on managing your bankroll.
One way you could approach this is to choose 3 or 4 slots titles, divide your bank into equal portions, and spend that amount on each slot. This will give you some variety, although your chances of winning on any one are always equal.
3. Staking Levels – if you’ve got a fairly small starting bank, it’ll probably be worth trying out the randon progressives with low stake requirements per spin. Many of the big payout machines do require you to play maximum coins to be eligible for the maximum win though, and unless the terms expicitly state otherwise you should aim to play maximum stakes on your spins.
4. Look For the Biggest Jackpot – You’ll have a better chance of landing a smaller win than a huge one, but if you really want that massive amount in your pocket then you’ll have to just go for it. You have to be in it to win it!
5. Don’t Worry Too Much About Previous Strikes – There’s just as much chance of a jackpot spin landing in fairly wuick succession as there is of it being two years apart. What you do need to realise though is the jackpot amount will be smaller on the second win, simply because it hasn’t had a chance to grow.
With starting jackpots often at figures not to be sniffed at, I’d say that the fact a machine has recently paid out shouldn’t necesarily stop you from playing.
6. Pay Attention To Bonus Rules – We’ve seen from other articles on GamblersFever that casino bonuses have benefits and drawbacks, and it’s one of these drawbacks that could cost you that huge win.
Some bonus rules state that you can’t play progressives with it. That’ll be clear in the terms and conditions, but often in the small print. It won’t stop you losing cash, but if you win it could be voided.
7. Watch Out For Maximum Withdrawal Limits – What’s the point of spinning those reels if you can’t get your money out? Most often withdrawal limits wouldn’t mean you could never get your cash, though certainly it could take years and a lot of grief.
8. Team Up – Just as with lotteries, the chances of winning (allbeit a smaller piece of the pie) increase if you can get a syndicate together. Not easy to do and fraught with dangers, but may work with good friends or family.
9. Find a Slots Club – Your chances of winning clearly get bigger the more funds you have to wager, so anything that increases your bankroll has value. Slots clubs are similar to VIP programmes, in that members can get cash back as a percentage of their overall wagers.
10. Be Persistent & Patient- In games like video poker and blackjack, you can play using strategies that improve your chances of success. You have more to play with, you can play longer, and the odds of winning the jackpot are slightly higher each time.
Sadly that’s not the case with slots. There are no winning strategies, the spins are down to pure luck. So it holds that only be playing as long as possible increases your chance to win. Unless very lucky, you’ll need to practice patience and persistence.