2020 has been nothing short of a rollercoaster ride and as we head into 2021 who knows what more is in store. There’s been a lot in the news recently about how much gaming in general has grown while we’ve all been in various states of lockdowns, and that of course includes casino gaming. Along with other types of real money games like video game contests or those that require skill to win, online casinos have helped people forget their problems to an extent.
The result for the industry is that it’s been an impressive year for iGaming operators and software developers.
Casino games come in all shapes and sizes, but it’s always slots that come out at the top of lists of favorite games.
If you’re a slots fan, chances are you’ve been able to keep track of the numerous video slots from some of the best studios to have launched in these past few months. If you aren’t up to date, here’s a refresher course to help you keep on track.
For reviews of each of these titles you can follow CasinoJinn where you’ll have access to an extensive list.
Top 5 Video Slots of 2020
1. Goblin’s Cave – Sitting at the top of our list with over a few thousand visits since January, Goblin’s Cave introduces players to a world of riches. And unlike similar titles, the goblin here isn’t terrifying. In fact, he’ll remind you of one of the Gringotts goblins from Harry Potter. The 3-reel slot has 3-paylines and accepts wagers up to €1,500 per spin. Players can hold certain symbols to increase their chances of winning on the next spin.
2. Starburst – Next up, the classic video slot from NetEnt is a top favorite among iGaming enthusiasts. The title received over a couple of thousand views since January 2020 and it’s not hard to see why. Starburst is the iGaming equivalent of Candy Crush in terms of design and gameplay. While the creators included a ton of rewards for the first-timers. The list includes up to 250 free spins and 100% cashback up to £100 on the first deposit.
3. Legacy of Egypt – From the house of Play’n GO, the Legacy of Egypt takes players on a tour around the mythical land of the Pharaohs. The game sports 5-reels and 30-paylines and allows symbol stacking. Thus, creating an opportunity for landing massive wins. The bonus round is activated when three pyramid symbols appear and the players have a chance to win up to 20 free spins at the beginning of the round.
4. Gonzo’s Quest – Originally launched in 2010, the title remains popular among video slot enthusiasts even a decade later. With a 96% RTP and cascading reels, Gonzo’s Quest remains one of, if not the most popular NetEnt title. The cascading mechanism helps remove the winning symbols at the end of confirmation, replacing them with new symbols, increasing the player’s chances of amplifying the winning sum. Other features include free spins, Scatters, and Wilds.
5. Ted – Perhaps one of the most popular titles of the year, it’s no surprise why Ted’s popular with the regulars. The Bonus rounds are something to look forward too and the game offers up to 95.82% RTP. Designed by Blueprint Gaming, Ted’s based on the popular Mark Wahlberg film with the same name. The game features five bonus rounds that are triggered randomly when three scatter symbols appear across the reels. The makers have also included six additional bonuses that are triggered impulsively and without a prior warning!